Saturday, April 25, 2009

Magpies, black cats, and keys


Are you superstitious? Well I am to a certain degree. When it comes to magpies my friend Tina told me to say 'I salute thee Mr Magpie' on seeing them in their solo form. When I went running yesterday morning, I saw two single ones. I don't think I saluted them.

It was lashing rain when I finished up in work last night and I got a taxi instead of cycling. A rare occurance. But when I got out of the taxi I realised that I didn't have the house key with me. And just as I realised this, a black cat, that happily sat perched on the steps to our front door decided to run in front of me. Why? I've never seen a cat sitting near our house before last night. Never.

So there I was, getting pissed on by the higher powers that be with no way in. Thanks to the hospitality of my sister I stayed with her. Quite an uncomfortable sleep on a couch that only fits two thirds of me. If even. I did not want to run this morning.

But I did. As I mentioned in my last post, I like routine. You may think that it's possibly a bit excessive running every day until June 1st for this marathon - but trust me - if I break the routine I'm not that likely to go back to it.

The tackling of public transport after that this morning was annoying as ever for me. I missed two Luas - don't ask. It just happens me. Myself and public transport have always had issues with eachother.

And when I got off it I saw about four ambulances. Apparently seeing an ambulance is very unlucky unless you pinch your nose or hold your breath until you see a black or a brown dog. I mean, who the hell makes this stuff up - is there any truth in that.

So tonight, I couldn't give a damn if there's a storm outside. I'm cycling home. Hopefully there'll be no black cats getting in my way and maybe just maybe there'll be a dog on the doorstep instead.

Thanks again to everyone who has supported me so far - your donations are always welcome. If anyone would like to sponsor me please click here: RIGHT HERE.

Thanks,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment