Monday, June 1, 2009

I managed to finish it


The state of me.


Me and my sister Lorraine...who found me sitting down with three bottles of water within a few minutes of finishing the race.


Here's me and the medal. Note the two bottles of water at hand - the race was a killer. For some reason they had no water until the 7k mark. It was a rather uncomfortable run...the heat made me feel pretty ill. I was just glad to finish it in the end - I think I did it in a time of around an hour seven or eight minutes. I think it was around 2 minutes or 3 minutes in before I got to the start line and then I crossed at around 1:09:46 or something like that.

5 comments:

  1. Go on ya good thing!

    Congrats, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Joey! How did Yvette and Nuala get on??? Have you heard? I didn't see them anyways...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, you lunatic!! How half the runners didn't pass out with sun stroke is beyond me...x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers Rebekah! I ain't gonna lie - a few ambulances passed me as I was running en route. I blame the lack of water stops - what were they thinking?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete