Saturday, May 30, 2009

Here I come ready or not - 16534



Gas! It's 3:28am and I'm just winding down...you'd think I'd be getting energy sleep or something before the race. Anyways, I picked up the race number today at the Women's World Fair out in the RDS. I was ag starvail going out there so was delira to see all the food sample stalls around. I love free stuff. I will always love free stuff.

What I ate at the Women's World Fair [WWF]
Cheese cubes - courtesy of the Dubliner's cheese stand
A Strawberry Muller youghurt - only because there were no chocolate ones left. Everyone in the queue for this stand was looking for chocolate. It's a womans event though - how dare they even consider stocking another flavour other than chocolate at it.
Some sort of light crisps
A square of toast and some Flora butter
A handful of popcorn
A bit of a rice cake with chocolate orange - DELISH!
Flora Pro-Active drink - about three of them to be honest

When I got back into town I met up with a few mates in the park - Happy Birthday Ciaran! And Alan, who is running a proper topper and not a copper out of a marathon, and by that I mean that he's running 40k in Cork on Monday... Well, Alan is on a diet. A diet! A DIET TO ENHANCE HIS RACEY GAME! Damn. I did no diet. And just to prove it, I just had a takeaway - greasy burger and chips to top off another night out this weekend where I didn't drink.

I did my last training session - 5k - this evening. It was grand. I didn't push myself as much as I did on Tuesday. Here come the excuses in anticipation of failing to get a time of under an hour - ever since that run my left knee has been a bit wobbly. It was alright this evening when I was running though - hopefully it won't cause any trouble on the day.

I bought a dodgy looking headband at the WWF. It reads: Will BIKE for WINE. The most poetic thing I have ever read. I'm wearing it in the picture above.

Right. I'm going to bed - but we got goody bags - or rather there was a marketing attack on women out at the RDS. I'll itemise everything on the blog tomorrow. My personal favourite is a flyer advertising sports bras with models posing beside a horse. WHAT???!!!

Up to 667 Euro now with the fundraising - thanks everyone:D DEBRA Ireland will be delighted.

No comments:

Post a Comment