Sunday, May 3, 2009

Concrete love


So the weekend has pretty much passed. And it was difficult. The Bank Holiday weekend was always going to be a tough one though. There are way too many options and few that don’t revolve around beer.

 

I did not run on Friday – and I felt guilty about it. But what are you going to do when you meet two people you haven’t seen in nearly 12 months or longer – go for a pint with them or go home, change into jogging pants, and run? I haven’t made such a drastic transformation yet to pick the latter.

 

So the guilt tipped over to Saturday. I was determined to go and run that 8k that I had set out in my training plan. I felt like crap. I’m not sure if it was the mug of coffee or the two pints from Friday night that made me feel so sick. I had to stop loads – and I hated every minute of running past the Cat and The Cage in Drumcondra – it’s this slowly steep run from there until The Swords Road. I thought I might end up doing the crawl.

 

The same route today went a hell of a lot better. And I took a photo of those lovehearts I said I saw...those clever kids must have known it was going to rain – I only realised that they didn’t draw them with chalk but scratched them out in the ground – probably using the house key or some stones. Who knows?...

 

Track listing coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment